Thursday, August 02, 2007

Taken from a blog by John Piper...

The word “bridge” does not occur in the Bible. There may be two reasons. One is that God doesn’t build bridges, he divides seas. The other is that usually his people must pass through the deadly currents of suffering and death, not simply ride over them. “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you” (Isaiah 43:2). They may drown you. But I will be with you in life and death.

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life . . . will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Killed all day long. But not separated from Christ. We go through the river. Not over it. He went before us, crucified. He came out on the other side. He knows the way through. With him we will make it. That is the message we have for the precious sinners in the world. He died for your sins. He rose again. He saves all who trust him. We die, but because of him, we do not die.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm learning a lot about trusting God and relying on his grace. The lessons about resting in Him have also been a major theme as of late. There has been a lot, both good and bad going on; however, of this I am certain...God is in control. No matter what may occur, He will sustain.

In many ways, yesterday was a difficult day. I faced a giant in my life. There was peace in the situation, though. God carried me through. I don't know what the future may hold; however, it isn't in my hands and that is perfectly OK.

1 comment:

Kaycee Leigh said...

I miss you Tate. I dont know how Im going to get thru college with out you. Its too much to deal with, I wont have the family that i did at CR.


I want to go out to dinner with you and ajay, and he said something about Casey too, and I think she would like that.


Well, get back to me please.