Thursday, August 09, 2007

God does answer...

This morning I was trying to pray. Trying is the important word, here. It felt like my prayers were all over the map. I kept getting distracted and getting "off course". Back to school on Monday has got me a little out of sorts. In many ways, I didn't know if I would be back at CRHS this year. I don't understand some of the things that are happening there; however, if God wants me at CRHS, I will commit to making the best of the experience. He has lessons He wants me to learn. When it is His time, He will deliver me from the situation.

As I finished praying this morning and started moving around a bit. As God does so frequently, I found some answers in my e-mail. Excerpts from the e-mail devotionals follow.

** To the frantic question, What do we do now? there is a very simple reply: Pray and sing.

** The person who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
-Anonymous

**"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" (James 5:16).

Earnestness in prayer does not involve physical gestures but a condition of the heart and will with regard to the purposes of God.

Perhaps here we may learn to examine our own prayers. Since Elijah's prayer was motivated by his desire to see God honored, God answered His servant.

In writing concerning prayer James said, "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts" (4:3). Right motives are essential if our prayers are to be answered.

"For our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29).

No comments: