Monday, July 09, 2007

Today is the first day...

Well...God has placed something on my heart and I'm listening.

I've been wanting to get back into shape. I'm tired of feeling pudgy and out of shape. While here at FSU I've been eating well and I'm taking my thyroid meds every day. I realized I was going to have to do more. While praying about what that might be, God kept putting joggers/runners in my path. Dad has been jogging for years. Jimmy has been jogging (and even runs marathons and has done triathlons!). Anji started running in January and her husband, John Ventry, started jogging recently. My roommate, Hannah, runs daily and is training for a marathon in January. My wonderful new friend, Eric, jogs. So...OK LORD! I get the picture...I will get on the bandwagon and start jogging. When I got home today I changed and went to the fitness center at the condo. I walked (at a pace of 4 mph) for 20 min. on a treadmill and then rode a stationary bike for 20 min. (at about 10 mph). I feel pretty good...so far. Tomorrow, I'll do more. I hope to build up to jogging fairly quickly and then build from there.

It's interesting, too, how many of these people are all training for a marathon at Disney in January. They don't know one another; however, they will all be running the same race. Is God pointing me in that direction as well???

So today...it the first day for a new me. Prayerfully, God gives me the strength to commit to this and make it a part of my life.

No comments: