Monday, July 30, 2007

Answers begin to come...

I have not always depended on God the way I should. It is easy to say, "Here, Lord, take my problem." I, however, struggle with leaving the issue in His more than capable hands. Getting impatient that things aren't happening on my timeline, I sometimes try to "help" and things go awry. Sometimes I struggle with giving God the problem in the first place, thinking whatever it is might be too trivial for the God of the universe.

This summer God has been showing me alot about both of those things. He wants to take care of me and my issues. I NEED to seek Him and His grace. Receiving His grace is also part of the equation.

Now a bump has appeared in the road. Instinct screams to fight or to give up. Instead, it seems I am to wait. So...wait I shall. God is in control. I repeat that over and over. Instead of running head-first into the fray, I wait for God and His instructions. He is the director. I am concerned about the situation yet at peace.

He will let me know His plan when it is time and He will make the path clear. When and where he instructs, I will follow.

*************************************************************************************

It is one thing to serve on boards and committees that handle the affairs of others; it is quite another to make decisions that affect us personally.

It is not a sacrifice to the Lord if we give of that which costs us nothing.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise" (Ps. 51:17).

*************************************************************************************
The Necessity to Cover


There are things which it is our duty to cover in silence. We are told nowadays that everything ought to be expressed if we are truly "honest" and "open."

Proverbs 11:13 says, "He who goes abroad as a talebearer reveals secrets, but he who is trustworthy in spirit keeps a thing hidden."

Jesus sometimes refused to reveal the truth about Himself, even when it would have seemed to us "an opportunity to witness." He did not always answer questions. He did not always say who He was. He told some of those He healed to tell no one about it.

"For every activity under heaven its time...a time for silence and a time for speech" (Eccl 3:1,7 NEB). "A man of understanding remains silent" (Prv 11:12 RSV).

Lord, deliver me from the urge to open my mouth when I should shut it. Give me the wisdom to keep silence where silence is wise. Remind me that not everything needs to be said, and that there are very few things that need to be said by me.

No comments: