Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Driving home

I left the school today around 5:30pm (a 10.5 hour day). It was lightly raining and the sun was setting. Actually it was quite nice and pretty outside. When I pulled my car out of its parking space I looked up to see a beautiful rainbow framed in my windshield. The full rainbow was easily seen and all of the colors were perfectly shown against the grey-blue sky. WOW...AMAZING! Words don't seem to be enough to capture all that was there. I wonder how many people saw it and took the time to wonder at what a miracle it was.
I guess every time I see a rainbow I have to think back to Noah and God's promise to us all. How can people look to the sky, see something like that and still claim there is no God??? All I could do was praise him for all of his creation all the way home. I couldn't stop myself from singing!!!
Speaking of creations...I witnessed a beautiful one this weekend. I held a 12 day old baby, my niece 'Sarala Joy'. What a miracle she is. Sarala's sister, Kellyn, is such a miracle as well. Spending time with the girls and their mom and dad (my sister/wonderful friend and her husband) just filled my heart with such affirmation and love. I really can't wait to get to go back for another visit soon.
My drive home from their home was similar to today. I was filled with such awe and love. I felt God's presence in such a big way. I saw a deer along the road on the way home and was struck by how beautiful it was...how amazing all of God's creations are. My heart was overflowing with prayer and song!

No comments: